Wednesday, July 18, 2007

Hongwanji Overseas Meeting in November

Although I did not actively sought this, I was fortunate enough to be nominated as one of the lay representatives of the BCA to attend the Overseas Meeting at the Hongwanji in Kyoto in November. I said "Ok," and there I go ... I will be joined by six other lay reps and a few ministerial representatives, including our own Rev. Nakano.

So from time to time, I think I will write not only about the meetings, but because I decided to spend a few extra days "exploring" places that I think could be possible places to take a group, especially to attend the 750th Memorial Service of Shinran Shonin in 2011. It may be of interest to some since I don't intend to do "normal" things.

First things first - I had to renew my expired passport. Worried that the normal procedure could take months, I renewed with a rush order - paying almost double. Well I got it within four weeks so I guess I'm lucky.

These days you could take your picture almost anywhere - I opted for the U.S. Post Office mobile truck that came to USC (where I work) and made it easy for me to do it. I wonder if I could have saved money by not paying for the rush and still get it in ontime?

If you are thinking of joining us around 2011 for the group tour, consider the time table to renew your passport - it has taken four, five, six months.


to be continued...

No comments: